The Mughal Court: Miniature style by Mohan Prajapati
Scenes from a Mughal court, beautifully illustrated with liberal use of gold, characteristic of the grandeur of Mughal paintings
An extravagant and striking fusion of the Indian style, whose roots that go back to the 6th and 7th Centuries BCE, and the Safavid style of the Persian school gave birth to the Mughal School of miniature painting. Under the patronage of Mughal emperors like Akbar and Jahangir, miniature art became the primary mode of historical archiving. The visual splendour of courtly scenes, historic wars, secret trysts of lovers, tales from mythology, and much more were captured in detail by the many schools of miniature painting throughout India. Towards the end of the 18th century, Mughal miniatures started losing their sheen with the loss of genuine patrons for the delicate artform. Yet, till date the schools of miniature painting continue to pass the traditional skills on, with Rajasthan holding on strongly to the artistic legacy of the Mughal miniature paintings.
Mohan ji has been painting since the age of 10, and he and his brother learnt from his father who was also a miniature artist. He has now been painting for the last 40 years – he has learnt many genres of miniature art – Mughal and Kangra and has also received many awards in Mughal style of miniature art. He has exhibited at New York, China (7/8 times), Bahrain and many domestic exhibitions. In 2004 he has received the state awards and the National award in 2007.
- Size: 46cm* 88cm
- Material: Old Handmade Paper
- Colours: Natural stone colours handmade by the artist
- Painted by Mohan Prajapati, Miniature artist
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks
- Certificate of Authentication will be provided
- Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat.