Tree of Life: Pattachitra painting by Apindra Swain
Tree of life is a concept closely related to the concept of sacred tree which represents that everything is interconnected. It symbolizes togetherness and rooted with the fact we are never alone and are connected to the universe.
Hailing from the village of Raghurajpur, the village of pattachitra artists in India, Apindra Swain's family has been painting for generations. He is one artist who is trying to find a new path for this traditional art form and works on modern artifacts like kettles, bottles and experiments with changing the art form like incorporating calligraphy within pattachitra art. To continue the legacy of pattachitra in new and interesting ways is his dream.
The name Pattachitra has evolved from the Sanskrit words patta, meaning canvas, and chitra, meaning picture. Originally from Odisha, Pattachitra is thus a painting done on canvas, and is manifested by rich colourful application, creative motifs and designs, and portrayal of simple themes, mostly mythological in depiction. More than anything, the themes are clearly the essence of the art form, conceptualising the meaning of the paintings.
- Size: 2 feet by 3 feet
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Handpainted in Pattachitra style on canvas
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks