Sanjay Tandekar, a traditional Tanjore painting artist from will guide you with the process and techniques during the workshop.
This is a BEGINNER FRIENDLY workshop and the following steps will be covered in this 5 day workshop. Tanjore paintings are created with real gold foil (22k Gold). Please note that this workshop has more gold sheet work as compared to our regular Tanjore workshops and thus we will be sending more gold foil sheets in the art kit as compared to our other Tanjore workshops.
Tracing , coloring and shading techniques
Single layer cone work
Gold foil work
- Bigger Muckboard (Size: 10/12 inches) -this is the traditional board made by the artist for Tanjore art (we will not be covering making the board in the workshop) . In earlier workshops we have worked on a 8 by 10 inches board and this time as the painting has more work thus we are working with a bigger board.
- Gold foil sheets (22k gold)
- Arabic gum
- Stones in different sizes as required in the artwork (not precious stones)
- Chalk powder
- Artwork and tracing paper
- Red/Yellow carbon paper
- Plastic sheet to make cones
- Cello Tape
- Paper cutter
- Gold Color
We ship worldwide, shipping charges of 2000 INR are applicable for international orders. Our Prices are inclusive of GST/Taxes. No additional charges are applicable for domestic deliveries.
- Thread to tie the cone
- Pencil and rubber
- Poster colours (acrylic colours are also ok but poster colors are preferred) and colour pallete
- A smooth silky material cloth- small piece just to pat the gold foil when pasting it
- Please have a hair dryer with you so that the cone work can dry quickly in the first workshop and we can start the gold foil work