Buy Recording: ONLINE CLAMP DYEING WORKSHOP WITH JABBAR KHATRI (WITH MATERIALS)
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
ONLINE LIVE CLAMP DYEING WORKSHOP WITH JABBAR KHATRI
Since the 17th century, the brother’s Jabbar and Abdullah Khatri's ancestors were practicing the local and ancient art of bandhani tie-dye. Today they work with 200 rural women on bandhani and are known far and wide for their innovation and exceptional work. Jabbar developed his innovations in bandhani to such a level that he was awarded the prestigious UNESCO Seal of Excellence in both 2006 and 2007. They have been working with clamp dyeing (itajime) techniques for the last 40 years in their workshop in Bhuj.
The following materials will be sent by us for this workshop
- 1 silk stole 55cm x 200cm
- Natural dye’s: Madder (about 100 grams) + Logwood (about 10 grams) plus alum (about 100 gm) for mordant
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Terms and Conditions:
- This workshop has now been concluded and you can purchase the recording for this workshop to practice in your own time
- Recording will be accessible with the same email address that you signup with - we will send you a google drive link within24 hours of your purchase
- No materials will be included
- Please don't select COD as the payment option for workshops and please pay via our payment gateway