BUY RECORDING: ONLINE SANJHI ART WORKSHOP WITH ASHUTOSH VERMA
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
ONLINE SANJHI ART WORKSHOP WITH ASHUTOSH VERMA
This workshop is now over, you can buy the recordings for this workshop. This workshop was done in 1 class and thus 1 recording would be provided
Sanjhi is the ancient art of paper stenciling practiced across Mathura and Vrindavan. This art is done with special scissors and hand-made paper to create a stencil.
(You can also sometimes place these stencils on flat surfaces or water, where they can be used to draw rangoli with dry colours or you can frame your sanjhi stencils with coloured paper behind it)
Ashutosh Verma, a fourth generation Sanjhi artist from Mathura will guide you will all process and techniques during the workshop. Sanjhi art has been practised in his family for the last 90 years
The materials you will need for this workshop:
- Special Scissors made only for Sanjhi Art by the artists family in Mathura
- 5 stencils for tracing the artwork will be provided
- Hand-made paper
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Terms and conditions
- This workshop has now been concluded and you can purchase the recording for this workshop to practice in your own time
- Recording will be accessible with the same email address that you signup with
- No physical materials will be included - we will share soft copies of 5 stencils from the artist that you can use to practice Sanjhi