We couldn't be more excited to announce a full fledged week long festival from the 5th of January to the 12th of January 2020, celebrating Indian folk arts and artists for the first time in Hong Kong. Featuring 4 Indian Artists - Venkat Shyam (Gond Artist), Anil Wangad (Warli Artist), Apindra Swain (Pattachitra Artist), Ranjeet Jha (Madhubani Artist) , live painting exterior murals in various locations across Hong Kong, complemented by an exhibition of the artists paintings at Gaylord.
Here is the full schedule of events as well as the locations of wall murals:
Wall Mural Locations
- Teakha, Shop B, 18 Tai Ping Shan St, Sheung Wan. Dates: 6th Jan to 8th Jan, 10 am to 6 pm.This wall is being painted by Venkat Shyam (Gond Artist).
- Treehouse, Shop 1, Ground Floor, H Code, 45 Pottinger Street, Central. Dates: 6th Jan to 12th Jan, 10 am to 6 pm. This wall is being painted by Apindra Swain (Pattachitra Artist).
- Bharat Bhawan, 22 Blacks Link, Link Estate , Deep Water Bay Road. Dates: 6th Jan to 12th Jan, 10 am to 6 pm. This wall is being painted by Ranjeet Jha (Madhubani Artist).
- Sabor, G/F, 36 High Street, Sai Ying Pun. Dates: 6th Jan to 12th Jan, 10 am to 6 pm. This wall is being painted by Anil Vangad (Warli Artist).
- Gunpowder, G/F, J Residence, 18 Ship St, Wan Chai. Dates: 9th Jan to 12th Jan, 10 am to 6 pm. This wall is being painted by Venkat Shyam (Gond Artist).
Schedule of events:
- 6th January, Monday: Launch event and exhibition of the artists work, 18:30 pm onwards at the Indian Consulate General (RSVP required, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 5th Jan to 12th Jan: Live wall murals at all the locations mentioned above, you can drop in and observe the artists or even get involved with their work
- 7th Jan to 12th Jan: Exhibition of the artists paintings moves to Gaylord Restaurant (5th Floor, Prince Tower,12A Peking Road, TST, Kowloon) and Gunpowder Restobar (G/F, J Residence, 18 Ship St, Wan Chai)
- 9th Jan, Thursday, 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm: Desi Art Dinner Party (Tickets here: https://www.flirtyfridays.com/upcoming-events/2020/1/9/desi-party)
- 11th Jan, Saturday, 1pm to 3pm: Indian Folk Art workshop at Shop 314, Block A, PMQ ( Tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.hk/e/indian-folk-art-workshop-tickets-88848124131)
- 12th Jan, Sunday: Closing Party, 4 pm to 6 pm, at Gunpowder Restobar (G/F, J Residence, 18 Ship St, Wan Chai). Free Entry, please RSVP to email@example.com
Presented jointly by Memeraki and HKWalls - a huge thank you to Mrs. P Shroff and the Consulate General of India Hong Kong for their support and to our other supporting partners - Mayfare Group, Beyond the Boundaries, InHarmony, India by the Bay & Spic Macay Hong Kong.
We can't wait for the entire community to join us during this week in creating beautiful art across Hong Kong ❤️