Krishna's cows and lotuses: Miniature style Pichwai cows by Mohan Prajapati
The cows of Vrindavan longed to be tended by Krishnaji and would rush to him whenever he played his flute. The Lotus flower are almost synonymous with each other- Lotus flower was so loved by Lord Krishna.
The art of Pichwai originated over 400 years ago, illustrating tales of Shrinathji, an incarnation of Krishna, the deity manifest as a seven-year-old child. Prominent in th Nathadwara region of Rajasthan especially in the Vaishnavite sect, the paintings are hand-painted on cloth or paper and depict different scenes and stills - lotuses, Radha, Gopis and cows are also frequent subjects.
Mohan ji has been painting since the age of 10, and he and his brother learnt from his father who was also a miniature artist. He has now been painting for the last 40 years – he has learnt many genres of miniature art – Mughal and Kangra and has also received many awards in Mughal style of miniature art. He has exhibited at New York, China (7/8 times), Bahrain and many domestic exhibitions. In 2004 he has received the state awards and the National award in 2007.
- Size: 10"X 8.5" inches
- Material: Old Handmade Paper
- Colours: Natural stone colours handmade by the artist
- Painted by Mohan Prajapati, Miniature artist
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks
- Certificate of Authentication will be provided
- Please write to us at email@example.com for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat.
• The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting. Price specified is for unframed painting and the painting would be sent without a frame unless specified otherwise in the description.
• All paintings are mostly made to order and take 2-3 weeks
• COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
• Certificate of Authentication will be provided
• Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat