Buy Recording : ONLINE KASHIDAKARI EMBROIDERY WORKSHOP WITH SAMJHAU DEVI (WITH MATERIALS)
ONLINE KASHIDAKARI EMBROIDERY WORKSHOP WITH SAMJHAU DEVI
This workshop is now over and you can buy recordings
This was a two hour class for beginners and was conducted over Zoom and was taught by National Award winning artist Samjhau Devi - adults or children above 12 years can join. The pattern we will be attempting to teach is the one shown in the image here which will be taught on the spare cloth that is being sent and in your own time you can attempt to do it on the cushion that will be sent as well.
Materials that will be sent by us:
- Cotton cloth blue(approx. 18 inch by 18 inch)
- Ankar Thread ( Pink, Yellow, Green & Red) - 1 peice each
- Round Mirrors
- Needles (no 10)- 4 pieces
- Tracing Paper
About the artist: Our Kashidakari artist Samjhau Devi is an award winning artist from Barmer, Rajasthan that has a legacy of Kashidakari for generations. She belongs to Chohtan Tehsil of Barmer, Rajasthan. She learnt this craft from her mother and has been perfecting her craft for over 20 years. She has won the District level prize in 2015 and has also trained thousands of women in the village on behalf of an NGO.
About the art: Kashidakari is the Persian name for needlework. Derived from this name, the Kashida, also known as Kasida, is one of the oldest forms of embroidery that originated in the Jammu and Kashmir region. Kashida work created by using thick, coloured threads and beads to create different attractive patterns. Most kashida motifs inspired by nature, such as vines, birds, leaves and flowers and is one of the defining aspects of this art form. Inspired by this kind of embroidery on textiles, each state or region across Pan India added their flair and distinctive stitch form to this artwork. One of these forms was embroidery on leather footwear, known as the Jutis. Rajasthan, in particular, was a hub where the making of these exquisite shoes first originated.
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Terms and Conditions:
- This workshop has now been concluded and you can purchase the recording for this workshop to practice in your own time
- Recording will be accessible with the same email address that you signup with - we will send you a google drive link within24 hours of your purchase.
- Please don't select COD as the payment option for workshops and please pay via our payment gateway