Animals Gond Painting by Kailash Pradhan
Gond paintings depict a lot of village life and the animals surrounding it. In the painting here we see an elephant and beautiful birds perched on top of the elephant. In jungle life, we can see such sights on a daily basis
About the Art- Gond paintings are a form of painting from folk and tribal art that is practised by one of the largest tribes in central India. The word Gond comes from ‘Kond’ which means green mountains and tribal people are called Gondis as they live mainly in the lush green mountains of Madhya Pradesh. It is done to preserve and communicate the culture of the Gond tribal community. Gond tribal art includes folk dances, folk songs, and Gond paintings. Bright colours such as red, yellow, blue, green, etc., are commonly used in Gond art. Natural colours are obtained from charcoal, colored soils, plants, leaves, cow dung, etc. Gond paintings also depict a variety of subjects such as animals and birds, mythical creatures, gods and goddesses, tree of life, local deities, aspects of village life and various folktales. The present-day Gond paintings have evolved from Digna and Bhittichitra. Apart from painting of walls and canvas, Gond paintings are also done on sarees, kurtis, dupattas, handbags etc.
About the Artist-Kailash Pradhan has been practising Gond art for the last 15 years and has learnt this art from his uncle. His signature pattern is the 'Cherchera' pattern which is inspired by the traditional cherchera festival in the Gond tribal community. He is inspired by nature and animals and incorporates a lot of this in his art like elephants, birds, trees, jungles and other wildlife. He has exhibited his art all over India. His hope is that for his family, his children and all other artists associated with him, he is able to do something worthwhile for all of them through his art.
- Size: 7 x 7 inches
- Acrylic on paper
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks
- Certificate of Authentication will be provided
- Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat.
• The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting. Price specified is for unframed painting and the painting would be sent without a frame unless specified otherwise in the description.
• All paintings are mostly made to order and take 2-3 weeks
• COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
• Certificate of Authentication will be provided
• Please write to us at email@example.com for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat