BE LIKE LOTUS, WHITE ROUND SLING
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$10 in Hong Kong, US$20 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
"The spirit of the best of men is spotless, like the lotus in the muddy water which does not adhere to it.”
~Lalitavistara, Mahayana Buddhist sutra
A recurring motif across cultures and religions (Hinduism, Buddhism etc)- one of most common metaphysical analogies compares the perennial rise of the lotus to faultless beauty from a miry environment to the evolution of consciousness, from instinctive impulses to spiritual liberation. Pichwai paintings and the Lotus flower are almost synonymous with each other- The lotus flower was so loved by Lord Krishna ( worshipped as Srinathji in Nathdwara in Rajasthan) that other than holding one lotus in his right hand and wearing a garland of lotuses, even his bed was decorated with lotus flowers. Hence the importance of the lotus in Pichwai paintings. Be like Lotus, says our Pichwai artist Shehzad through this beautiful rendering of the lotus.
- Hand-painted Leather with Canvas Bag
- 9 inches diameter
- 3.5 inches broad
- 4.5 inches long shoulder belt
- Canvas with leather
- Lining inside, metal fittings
- 1 internal pocket with chain
- Detachable metal and leather strap