Amritsari Pair : Miniature Painting By Rajendra Sharma
Amritsar is a centre for the textile and chemical industries and also engages in food milling and processing, silk weaving, tanning, canning, and the manufacture of machinery.
Miniatures were profoundly influenced by Indian literature and were executed as illustrations to texts or as individual paintings. They were small-scale, highly detailed pictorial compositions, often providing a true record of the social and cultural life of the time.
An early interest in painting, Rajendra Sharma or Raju ji as we fondly call him, has been interested in art since the age of 10 and has now been a miniature artist for 25 years. A self taught who learnt the intricacies of miniature art on his own as he did not belong to a family of artists, his father was actually a legal draftsman. His dream is to popularise this art in all corners of the world so many more people can continue to learn and take this art forward.
- Size: 11 X 17 "inches
- Material: Old Handmade Paper
- Colours: Natural stone colours handmade by the artist
- Painted by Rajendra Sharma, Miniature artist
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- Price is for a single painting, not a pair
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks
- Certificate of Authentication will be provided
- Please write to us at email@example.com for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat