The Dancing Mayura
Rs. 10,499.00 Rs. 20,999.00
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$10 in Hong Kong and US$20 for rest of the world
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
With tail-fans spread, and undulating wings
With whose vibrating pulse the air now sings,
Their voices lifted and their beaks stretched wide,
Treading the rhythmic dance from side to side,
Eyeing the rain cloud’s dark majestic hue,
Richer in colour than their own throat’s blue,
With necks upraised, to which their tails advance,
Now in the rains the singing peacocks dance!
As Indian mythological legends state, the Mayura or peacock was created from the feathers of the semi-divine mythical bird Garuda. A symbol of the cycle of time, the peacock is often depicted killing a snake with plumage, spread open awaiting the nourishing rains.
Bijay Kumar Parida paints one of his favourite mythological motifs in his Pattachitra style on this classic handbag. Wouldn’t you like to sway to the rhythm of the dancing mayura?
- Length 10.5 inches bottom, 17 inches on the tip, height 9 inches, depth 6.5 inches
- Black leather, peacocks handbag
- Lining inside , metal fittings
- 1 internal pocket with chain , two small pockets without chain