The Fish: Madhubani art by Pratima Bharti (in orange)
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
"I have a thirsty fish in me
of what it’s thirsty for!
Show me the way to the ocean!
Break these half-measures,
these small containers."
Also known as Mithila painting due to its origins in the Mithila region of India and Nepal, Madhubani is a traditional Indian folk art made on canvas, cloth or cow dung washed hand paper. Natural dye and colors are used in creation of Madhubani artworks with geometrical figures and vibrant colors being key elements. Commonly depicted subjects in Madhubani paintings are tales of religious characters/Gods such as Krishna, Rama, Durga, Shiva, Saraswati, and Durga.
Pratima Bharti, our Madhubani artist has evolved a very distinctive style of Madhubani art where modern lines and geometric figures meet the traditional patterns of Madhubani art.
- Size: 22×30 inches
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Madhubani Art by Pratima Bharti
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings