THE TALE OF TWO LOVERS, MADHUBANI PAINTING BY PRATIMA BHARTI
The wind carries the call of the lovers, the male and female bird, both perched under the tree of happiness. A painting on paper in water colours.
Also known as Mithila painting due to its origins in the Mithila region of India and Nepal, Madhubani is a traditional Indian folk art made on canvas, cloth or cow dung washed hand paper. Natural dye and colors are used in creation of Madhubani artworks with geometrical figures and vibrant colors being key elements. Commonly depicted subjects in Madhubani paintings are tales of religious characters/Gods such as Krishna, Rama, Durga, Shiva, Saraswati, and Durga.
Pratima Bharti, our Madhubani artist has evolved a very distinctive style of Madhubani art where modern lines and geometric figures meet the traditional patterns of Madhubani art.
- Size: 30.5"X 22"
- Painted with water colours.
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- Paintings that are sold out can be made to order in 2-3 weeks
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- Certificate of Authentication will be provided
- Please write to us at email@example.com for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat.