Ant Life: Warli Painting by Anil Wangad
"What is it about the ant way of life that has stood the test of time so well? All ants belong to extended families, and carry their prey home to share. Unselfishness is the rule. Everything they do is for their colony's good."
~ Bill Mason
When pralay (catastrophe) arrives, everything will be submerged and all the plants will be washed away. Then we will have to go to the ants as they have stored the seeds of all the plants in their bhon. The ants will help us farm and resume our lives. Our lives cannot be painted without the lives of animals, trees and insects. Our Warli artist Anil Wangad wonders how beautiful it would be if the ants way of life could be extended to our way of life too.
Anil Vangad has been painting since the last 19 years experimenting in themes of Gods, Goddess and themes of weddings and the famous tarpa dance from the Warli culture. Since there is no written script of their language all their folktales and legends are depicted in a pictorial manner that have passed down from one generation to another. It is the artist mother who influenced him and taught him how to paint. He still prefers to use the tradition mediums of gerue, rice paste, charcoal and cow dung with the use of synthetic paints and dyes. Anil Vangad is a not just passionate about his painting but also farming which is the traditional occupation of the Warlis. He has a vision and zeal to take the Warli art forward by incorporating the good of the modern world as well as retaining their traditions.
- Size: 37x56"inches
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Handpainted in Warli style on canvas
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks
• The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting. Price specified is for unframed painting and the painting would be sent without a frame unless specified otherwise in the description.
• All paintings are mostly made to order and take 2-3 weeks
• COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
• Certificate of Authentication will be provided
• Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat