Sita With Dass & Dassi: Chitrakathi painting
“A wise man should foresee tragedy or misfortune and take action to prevent or overcome such tragedy or misfortune well before it strikes. Thus only he can enjoy a safe and good life.”
Chitrakathi paintings are part of an oral storytelling tradition, once popular in the Maharashtra-Karnataka region. 'Chitra' means painting and 'katha' is a story in any form. More than 50 paintings together form a bundle or pothi, which is used by the artist to narrate the story.
The Gangawane family are Chitrakathi artists who continue in the traditional craft, while also moving forward into contemporary interpretations. Parshuram Gangawane along with his two sons regularly hold Chitrakathi performances in their museum.. The Gangawane family is so devoted to preserving their collective art form that they have sold their cows and converted their cowshed into a museum on Chitrakathi where they hold their workshops and performances – the museum is called the ThakarAdivasi Kala Angan (Museum and Art Gallery) of the ancient village of Pinguli.
- Size: 29 X 11 inch
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Handpainted in Chitrakathi style
- The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- Artist: Chetan Gangvane
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks
- Certificate of Authentication will be provided
Please write to us at email@example.com for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat
• The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting. Price specified is for unframed painting and the painting would be sent without a frame unless specified otherwise in the description.
• All paintings are mostly made to order and take 2-3 weeks
• COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
• Certificate of Authentication will be provided
• Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat