Krishna: Kalamkari painting by Harinath.N
Historically, Kalamkaris used to be known as Pattachitras, an art form still found in neighboring Odisha and other parts of India and Nepal. The term "Pattachitra" translates to "patta", meaning "cloth", with "chitra" meaning "picture".Paintings made on fabric and fabric scrolls are mentioned in ancient Hindu, Buddhist and Jain literature. Under medieval Islamic rule, the term Kalamkari was derived from the words "kalam", which means "pen" in Telugu, and "kari", which means craftmanship. This became popular under the patronage of the Golconda sultanate
About the Artist: Harinath.N is a Kalamkari artist from Srikalahathi with over 35 years of experience and has also received the State award for his work.
- Size: 3 feet x3 feet
- This painting is made to order
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Kalamkari painting by artist Harinath.N
- Painting on cloth using natural colours made by the artist
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted for made to order paintings.
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks
- Certificate of Authentication will be provided
- Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat
• The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting. Price specified is for unframed painting and the painting would be sent without a frame unless specified otherwise in the description.
• All paintings are mostly made to order and take 2-3 weeks
• COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
• Certificate of Authentication will be provided
• Please write to us at email@example.com for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat