ARDHNARISHWAR: MADHUBANI PAINTING BY PRATIMA BHARTI
Ardhanareeswara is a combination of three words “Ardha,” “Nari,” and “Ishwara” means “half,” “woman,” and “lord,” respectively, which when combined means the lord whose half is a woman. It is believed that the God is Lord Shiva and the woman part is his consort Goddess Parvati or Shakti. The seed of this creation is the perfect conjugal union of Shiva and Parvati, the symbols of domestic bliss, asceticism and destruction. It conveys the unity of opposites in the universe. The male half stands for Purusha and the female half is Prakriti. Ardhnarishwar is complete because the Masculine experiences Feminine by being physically fused with it and vice versa. It also symbolizes attunement with your own feminine/masculine angles. Together, they are at once the symbol of individual perfection and the magnificent harmony that a compatible wedding brings.
Also known as Mithila painting due to its origins in the Mithila region of India and Nepal, Madhubani is a traditional Indian folk art made on canvas, cloth or cow dung washed hand paper. Natural dye and colors are used in creation of Madhubani artworks with geometrical figures and vibrant colors being key elements. Commonly depicted subjects in Madhubani paintings are tales of religious characters/Gods such as Krishna, Rama, Durga, Shiva, Saraswati, and Durga.
Pratima Bharti, our Madhubani artist has evolved a very distinctive style of Madhubani art where modern lines and geometric figures meet the traditional patterns of Madhubani art. She is the recipient of the state award for art.
- Size: 22 by 30 inches
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame.
- Handpainted in Madhubani art style on handmade paper.
- Painted with natural colours made by the artist
- The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image.
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks
• The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting. Price specified is for unframed painting and the painting would be sent without a frame unless specified otherwise in the description.
• All paintings are mostly made to order and take 2-3 weeks
• COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
• Certificate of Authentication will be provided
• Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat