Puri ratha Yatra in Pattachitra Art by Purusottam Swain
Ganesha, handpainted in Pattachitra art by Purusottam Swain
Hailing from the village of Raghurajpur, the village of pattachitra artists in India, Purusottam Swain's family has been painting for more than 6 generations.
The name Pattachitra has evolved from the Sanskrit words patta, meaning canvas, and chitra, meaning picture. Originally from Odisha, Pattachitra is thus a painting done on canvas, and is manifested by rich colourful application, creative motifs and designs, and portrayal of simple themes, mostly mythological in depiction. More than anything, the themes are clearly the essence of the art form, conceptualising the meaning of the paintings.
- Size: Length 40" inches Width 24" inches
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Handpainted in Pattachitra style on Tassar silk
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks
- Certificate of Authentication will be provided
Please write to us at email@example.com for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat
• The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting. Price specified is for unframed painting and the painting would be sent without a frame unless specified otherwise in the description.
• All paintings are mostly made to order and take 2-3 weeks
• COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
• Certificate of Authentication will be provided
• Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat