Buy Recording : ONLINE PHULKARI WORKSHOP WITH REKHA MAN (WITH MATERIALS)
ONLINE PHULKARI WORKSHOP WITH REKHA MAN
This workshop is now over and you can buy recording
This workshop was two classes of two hours each for beginners and was conducted over zoom - adults or children above 8 years can join
We would be learning the basic stitches of Phulkari in this 2 day workshop (there are 20 different traditional motifs). Bookings will be open for first 10 participants only till the 30th of April.
‘Phul‘ (flower) and ‘Kari‘ (work) has been an intricate part of Punjabi culture -it is done with untwisted floss silk yarn called pat and typically produced with the use of darn style stitching on the opposite side of the material.
About the Artist: Rekha Man, is a national awardee in the craft of Phulkari and has also founded a non profit in Patiala to empower many rural women with this craft.
The following materials will be sent for this workshop:
- Embroidery Frame ( 6 * 6 inch)
- Small Scissors
- Needle (1 packet)
- Silk thread- 4 colours
- Seam Ripper
- Measuring tape
- Handkerchief and cotton cloth
We hope you can join us to support the arts and artists.
Terms and conditions:
- This workshop has now been concluded and you can purchase the recording for this workshop to practice in your own time
- Recording will be accessible with the same email address that you signup with - we will send you a google drive link within24 hours of your purchase
- No materials will be included
- Please don't select COD as the payment option for workshops and please pay via our payment gateway