8 Lucky Signs: Thangka painting by Krishna Tashi Palmo
Sold OutRs. 10,000.00
- The Endless Knot (or Eternal Knot) has no beginning and no end.
- The Lotus, PADMA in Tibetan, symbolizes spiritual purity. The Lotus Flower always refers to many aspects of the path, as it grows from the mud (samsara), it appears clean on the surface (purification), and finally produces a beautiful flower (enlightenment).
- The Treasure Vase with flaming jewels pours forth an endless nectar of long life, health, wealth, prosperity and other benefits in this world
- The White Conch Shell stands for the deep and far reaching and melodious sound of the Dharma (the teachings of the Buddha).
- The Pair of Golden Fishes represent spiritual release from the suffering in samsara (the ever continuing cycle of death and rebirth, under the influence of our ignorance, karma and disturbing emotions such as attachment and anger).
- The Parasol (or Umbrella) is a symbol for both protection and royalty. Sometimes people confuse the Parasol for the Victory Banner or vice versa, as at first sight they might look alike but do substantially differ from each other.
- The Victory Banner symbolizes the victory of the positive teachings of the Buddha over the negative forces of ignorance, disharmony and other negativities in this world.
- The Golden Wheel, or Dharma Wheel, has 8 spokes and represents the ‘Noble Eightfold Path’: right view, right thought, right speech, right action, right livelyhood, right effort, right mindfullness and right concentration. As the wheel of the Dharma is being turned it awakens the Buddha potential present in all sentient beings.
Thangka paintings are closely connected to Buddhism based on Buddha's life and with these teachings- every Thangka painting can be linked to the Buddha's thoughts and teachings. It literally means a painting that can be rolled up. These paintings are made on cotton or silk canvases and use natural colours.
- Size : 17*9 inches
- Acrylic on canvas
- Painted by Krishna Tashi Palmo
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
Each of our bags is one of a kind and an exact copy of the same bag would not be made, however if you like the artwork or the style of bag and would like something similar, please click on 'Email us to customise a similar style/art bag' and we will get back to you with which styles of bags we currently have available where the artwork can be customised.