Spiti Himachal Pradesh Key Monastery: Thangka painting by Krishna Tashi Palmo
Spiti Himachal Pradesh Key Monastery.
Spiti valley is famous for its natural beauty and cultural heritage. Tabo monastery is one of the most prominent attractions in Spiti. The monasteries in Spiti are renowned for spectacular murals, ancient temples, and several stupas.
Thangka paintings are closely connected to Buddhism based on Buddha's life and with these teachings- every Thangka painting can be linked to the Buddha's thoughts and teachings. It literally means a painting that can be rolled up. These paintings are made on cotton or silk canvases and use natural colours.
Krishna Tashi Palmo is one of Meraki’s most inspiring artists. She learnt at the Tibetan traditional art school from 2006 to 2012 in Himachal Pradesh’s Lahual Sipiti district. Her dream of being an artist since she was a child pushed her to learn Thangka art despite being told that women cannot practice Thangka art in her class of 350 students which had only 4 aspiring female artists. Such is her love for art that she also takes out time to teach children at the local NGO in her town.
- Size : 22/30 inches
- Acrylic colors on Canvas
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks
- Certificate of Authentication will be provided
Please write to us at email@example.com for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat