Lakshmi Narayan , handpainted in Kalighat style by Manoranjan Chitrakar
The deity Lakshminarayan has many historic roots and is sometimes interpreted by different traditions. Goddess Mahalakshmi incarnated again and again with Her beloved consort following Narayana's wish and mode of incarnation. When He was Rama, She became Sita and when He was Krishna, She appeared as rukmini. Other queens were Her expansions
The Bengal Pattachitra is a visual and oral art tradition practised by the Patuas or Chitrakars of West Bengal. Islamic by faith, Patua artists represent a unique and secular art tradition. They earn their livelihood by telling stories from Hindu Mythology, local folklores, Sufi tradition and contemporary themes through paintings and songs. Though the origin of the Patua tradition has been difficult to trace for art historians, some claim the oral form goes back all the way to the 10th or 11th century CE. The physical evidence of a scroll, however, only makes an appearance in the 18th century CE.
Manoranjan aka Manu Chitrakar, has been painting for 30 years since the age of 15. He loves to depict social issues in his works. Manuji has travelled all across India and to Sweden and Paris as well.v ”In West Bengal, the word chitrakar refers to patachitra painters. We have taken Chitrakar as our last name for hundreds of years.”
- Size: 29"×48"
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Handpainted in Kalighat Bengal Pattachitra style on paper
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks
- Certificate of Authentication will be provided
- Please write to us at email@example.com for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat.
• The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting. Price specified is for unframed painting and the painting would be sent without a frame unless specified otherwise in the description.
• All paintings are mostly made to order and take 2-3 weeks
• COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
• Certificate of Authentication will be provided
• Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat