Lippan Patterns - Lippan Kaam / Mudwork By Nalesmita
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
Lippan Kaam/Mudwork from Kutch in Gujarat, was traditionally done by the women of the Mutwa Community who used to paint walls and doors on special occasions and festivals. Nalesmita ji from Kutch, Gujarat has been practicing this art for more than 20 years and has learnt from Mahmood bhai, who was responsible for bringing this artform forward to create paintings as display pieces from earlier being done only on walls by the women of the Mutwa community and has also transformed 45 embroidery designs to mudwork designs.
- SIZE: 18X24
- Done using traditional Lippan technique on plywood
- These paintings are made to order and will take between a week to 10 days to get ready
- The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image.