Be Like Lotus, round wood clutch
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$10 in Hong Kong, US$20 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
"The spirit of the best of men is spotless, like the lotus in the muddy water which does not adhere to it.”
~Lalitavistara, Mahayana Buddhist sutra
A recurring motif across cultures and religions (Hinduism, Buddhism etc)- one of most common metaphysical analogies compares the perennial rise of the lotus to faultless beauty from a miry environment to the evolution of consciousness, from instinctive impulses to spiritual liberation. Pichwai paintings and the Lotus flower are almost synonymous with each other- The lotus flower was so loved by Lord Krishna ( worshipped as Srinathji in Nathdwara in Rajasthan) that other than holding one lotus in his right hand and wearing a Garland of lotuses, even his bed was decorated with lotus flowers. Hence the importance of the lotus in Pichwai paintings.Be like Lotus, says our Pichwai artist Faizan through this beautiful rendering of the lotus.
- Hand painted Wooden clutch
- 8 inch diameter
- Golden detachable shoulder chain
- Lining and a small pocket inside
- Big enough to fit your phone, make up, money, keys etc