Eagle Sanjhi Artwork By Ashutosh Verma
Sanjhi is the ancient art of paper stenciling practiced across Mathura and Vrindavan. Craftsmen use specially designed scissors for this artform. The term Sanjhi is derived from the Hindi word sandhya, the period of dusk with which the art form is typically associated.
Ashutosh’s great grandfather Shri Chain Shuk Das Verma started to master this folk art tradition nearly 300 years ago and since then it has been handed forward from generation to generation.Ashutosh is the 6th generation artist from the Verma community in Mathura. He started learning Sanjhi tradition when he was 5 and it’s been 15 years now that he practicing this artform. His family has won State and National Awards for Sanjhi work and he being just 20 years old has applied for a State Award category.
- Size : 28 X 40 inch
- Sanjhi paper cutting on specially made handmade paper
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks
- Certificate of Authentication will be provided
- Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat
• The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting. Price specified is for unframed painting and the painting would be sent without a frame unless specified otherwise in the description.
• All paintings are mostly made to order and take 2-3 weeks
• COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
• Certificate of Authentication will be provided
• Please write to us at email@example.com for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat