Jodhpuri Pair - Miniature Painting By Rajendra Sharma
Jodhpur, the second largest city in Rajasthan is popularly known as the Blue City. The name is clearly befitting as most of the architecture – forts, palaces, temples, havelis and even houses are built in vivid shades of blue.
Miniatures were profoundly influenced by Indian literature and were executed as illustrations to texts or as individual paintings. They were small-scale, highly detailed pictorial compositions, often providing a true record of the social and cultural life of the time.
An early interest in painting, Rajendra Sharma or Raju ji as we fondly call him, has been interested in art since the age of 10 and has now been a miniature artist for 25 years. A self taught who learnt the intricacies of miniature art on his own as he did not belong to a family of artists, his father was actually a legal draftsman. His dream is to popularise this art in all corners of the world so many more people can continue to learn and take this art forward.
- Size: 11 X 17 "inches
- Material: Old Handmade Paper
- Colours: Natural stone colours handmade by the artist
- Painted by Rajendra Sharma, Miniature artist
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- Price is for a single painting, not a pair
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks