My Village, in Saura Art by Purusottam Swain
Hailing from the village of Raghurajpur, the village of pattachitra artists in India, Purusottam Swain's family has been painting for more than 6 generations.
The name Pattachitra has evolved from the Sanskrit words patta, meaning canvas, and chitra, meaning picture. Originally from Odisha, Pattachitra is thus a painting done on canvas, and is manifested by rich colourful application, creative motifs and designs, and portrayal of simple themes, mostly mythological in depiction. More than anything, the themes are clearly the essence of the art form, conceptualising the meaning of the paintings.
- Size: Length 53" inches Width 28.5" inches
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Handpainted in Pattachitra style on canvas
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks