Ramayana Katha Chitra, in Pattachitra by Purusottam Swain
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
The story of Ramayana, handpainted in pattachitra art by Purusottam Swain
Hailing from the village of Raghurajpur, the village of pattachitra artists in India, Purusottam Swain's family has been painting for generations.
The name Pattachitra has evolved from the Sanskrit words patta, meaning canvas, and chitra, meaning picture. Originally from Odisha, Pattachitra is thus a painting done on canvas, and is manifested by rich colourful application, creative motifs and designs, and portrayal of simple themes, mostly mythological in depiction. More than anything, the themes are clearly the essence of the art form, conceptualising the meaning of the paintings.
- Size: 3 feet by 2 feet
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Handpainted in Pattachitra style on canvas
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image