RURAL VILLAGE LIFE: CHERIYAL SCROLL PAINTING
The artist has depicted a typical scene of a day in rural life. In this beautiful painting, in the foreground we see women harvesting the field and men ploughing the field with the help of the cows. Above it, a man has been shown pulling water out of the well with the help of cows, people collecting the yield and rearing goats. The artist has used stark contrasting colours which makes the painting colourful and engages the viewer.
The main narrative of Cheriyal Scroll paintings involves scenes from the common rural life such as women performing kitchen chores, men working in fields or experiencing merry and festival settings. The painting portrays one such scene in rural village life.
Cheriyal Scroll Painting is a popular and modified version of Nakashi art, considered highly rich in the local motifs. This art form is unique to the state of Telangana and made mostly in Hyderabad currently. This traditional art form is considered an inseparable part of the profession comprising the story-telling and balladeer community called Kaki Padagollu. They have displayed these scrolls which are also accompanied by music and dance.
The Dhanalakota family is the last practicing family for Cheriyal Scroll art, and the 27 year old artist Sai Kiran, shoulders the big responsibility of carrying forward this legacy. A 160 year old Cheriyal scroll painted by his great great grandfather is also exhibited in a museum in Paris to give you an idea of his family's legacy. With the demand for Cheriyal scrolls reducing, his parents told him to study and not pursue art, but Sai Kiran pursued a degree in fine arts to learn new art techniques to contemporarise the art and make it relevant in today's times.
- Size: 24x36 inch
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Handpainted in Cheriyal Scroll style with natural colours on a canvas prepared by the artist
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- Artist : Sai Kiran
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks
- Certificate of Authentication will be provided
Please write to us at email@example.com for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat
• The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting. Price specified is for unframed painting and the painting would be sent without a frame unless specified otherwise in the description.
• All paintings are mostly made to order and take 2-3 weeks
• COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
• Certificate of Authentication will be provided
• Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat