The Wedding : Bengal Pattachitra Painting By Manoranjan Chitrakar
According to the Veda, marriage is a union between a masculine and feminine entity with commitments to pursue Dharma, Artha (possessions), Karma (physical and other desires) and Moksha (the liberation) in unison.
Bengal Patuas or Chitrakars are bearers of an ancient storytelling tradition that is fast disappearing. The Patua artists represent a unique and secular art tradition, earning their livelihood by telling stories from Hindu mythology, local folklore, Sufi tradition and contemporary themes, through paintings and song. In Sanskrit, ‘pata’ means cloth — the Patuas initially painted on dried leaves or cloth; they painted stories of culture, religion, society, nature and folklore, accompanied by song.
Manoranjan aka Manu Chitrakar, has been painting for 30 years since the age of 15. He loves to depict social issues in his works. Manuji has travelled all across India and to Sweden and Paris as well.v ”In West Bengal, the word chitrakar refers to patachitra painters. We have taken Chitrakar as our last name for hundreds of years.”
- Size: 44 X 29 inch
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame.
- Handpainted in Bengal Pattachitra (Patua) style on canvas.
- Painted with Natural colours made by the artist.
- Handpainted on handmade paper.
- The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image.
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks
- Certificate of Authentication will be provided
- Please write to us at email@example.com for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat.
• The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting. Price specified is for unframed painting and the painting would be sent without a frame unless specified otherwise in the description.
• All paintings are mostly made to order and take 2-3 weeks
• COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
• Certificate of Authentication will be provided
• Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat