Tree of Life Gond Painting by Rajendra Shyam
The painting depicts the “Tree of Life” is known as "Akshaya Vata" (Akshaya means immortal and Vata means tree) in Hindu mythology and refers to Banyan tree.The Banyan tree is associated with many Hindu gods like Lord Shiva, the ascetic Hindu God; and Yama, the God of death. It represents one's spiritual aspirations and detachment from materialism. The painting here depicts animals that are found in jungles and forests. You can see branches in the backdrop depictions that the animals in the picture here are residing in the forest
Gond paintings are a form of painting from folk and tribal art that is practiced by one of the largest tribes in India with whom it shares its name. Gond comes from the Dravidian expression, Kong which means ‘the green mountain’. According to the Gond belief system, each and everything whether it is a hill, river, rock or a tree is inhabited by a spirit and, consequently, is sacred. So the Gond people paint them as a form of respect and reverence. These paintings are a reflection of man’s close connection with his natural surroundings.
- Size: 3 x 4 feet
- Acrylic on canvas
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings and artworks
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks
- Certificate of Authentication will be provided
- Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat.
• The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting. Price specified is for unframed painting and the painting would be sent without a frame unless specified otherwise in the description.
• All paintings are mostly made to order and take 2-3 weeks
• COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
• Certificate of Authentication will be provided
• Please write to us at email@example.com for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat