Tree of Life: Kalamkari painting by Sudheer
Historically, Kalamkaris used to be known as Pattachitras, an art form still found in neighboring Odisha and other parts of India and Nepal. The term "Pattachitra" translates to "patta", meaning "cloth", with "chitra" meaning "picture".Paintings made on fabric and fabric scrolls are mentioned in ancient Hindu, Buddhist and Jain literature. Under medieval Islamic rule, the term Kalamkari was derived from the words "kalam", which means "pen" in Telugu, and "kari", which means craftmanship. This became popular under the patronage of the Golconda sultanate
Sudheer is the first generation Kalamkari Artist in his family. He has a degree in Bachelor of Fine Arts. He was awarded Andhra Pradesh State Award in 2007, Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Award in 2006, and Konaseema Chitrakala Parisad Award in 2009, for his excellent work in Kalamkari. He has also been a part of various art camps.
- Size: 6 feet by 4 feet
- This painting is made to order
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Kalamkari painting by artist Sudheer
- Painting on cloth using natural colours made by the artist
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted for made to order paintings.
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks