Tree of Life: Kalamkari painting by Sudheer
Sold OutRs. 52,500.00
Historically, Kalamkaris used to be known as Pattachitras, an art form still found in neighboring Odisha and other parts of India and Nepal. The term "Pattachitra" translates to "patta", meaning "cloth", with "chitra" meaning "picture".Paintings made on fabric and fabric scrolls are mentioned in ancient Hindu, Buddhist and Jain literature. Under medieval Islamic rule, the term Kalamkari was derived from the words "kalam", which means "pen" in Telugu, and "kari", which means craftmanship. This became popular under the patronage of the Golconda sultanate
- Size: 6 feet by 4 feet
- This painting is made to order
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Kalamkari painting by artist Sudheer
- Painting on cloth using natural colours made by the artist
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted for made to order paintings.
Each of our bags is one of a kind and an exact copy of the same bag would not be made, however if you like the artwork or the style of bag and would like something similar, please click on 'Email us to customise a similar style/art bag' and we will get back to you with which styles of bags we currently have available where the artwork can be customised.