Marwari Kavad by Satyanarayan (8 part Kavad , 10 inch height)
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
The Kavad is a mobile story-telling device that sometimes serves as a temporary temple. It is created by combining the skills of carpentry, painting and narration. As separate professions, the carpenter is called a suthar, an artist is a chitrakar, and a story teller is a bhat. The Kavad makers combine the work of the carpenter and artist, while the Kavadia Bhats do the narration. The Kavad is made only in a village called Bassi, in Chittorgarh District of Rajasthan.
- Size: 10 inch (with sun on top included 12 inches), 8 part Kavad
- Handpainted in Kavad style
- The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- Artist: Satnarayan Suthar , National Award Winner from Bassi, Rajasthan
- Made to order in 2 weeks
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings