Meladi Mata, Mata ni Pachedi painting by Dilip Chittara
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
A folk goddess worshiped by the Vaghri community of Gujarat, Meladi Mata is identified by her mount, the black goat.
Mata ni pachedi literally means “behind the mother goddess”, and is a cloth that constitutes a temple of the goddess. When people of the nomadic Vaghari community of Gujarat were barred from entering temples, they made their own shrines with depictions of the Mother Goddess on cloth. This ingenuous solution is believed to be the origin of Mata ni Pachedi, the sacred art, which is now revered by all.
- Size: 23 inches by 42 inches
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Mata ni Pachedi by Dilip Chittara
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image