Radha Krishna, Kalamkari painting by Sudheer
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
With time, the tale of Radha and Krishna's love showered the world with the knowledge of divine unification between the Jivatma and Paramatma – the individual self and the universal self. Radha Krishna’s love story is the most beautiful example of the “supreme emanation of divine vibrations.”About the artist: Sudheer is the first generation Kalamkari Artist in his family. He has a degree in Bachelor of Fine Arts. He was awarded Andhra Pradesh State Award in 2007, Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Award in 2006, and Konaseema Chitrakala Parisad Award in 2009, for his excellent work in Kalamkari. He has also been a part of various art camps.
About Kalamkari: Kalamkari refers to the ancient style of hand painting done with a tamarind pen, using natural dyes. The name Kalamkari originates from Persian words qalam (pen) and kari (craftsmanship). Paintings made on fabric and fabric scrolls are mentioned in ancient Hindu, Buddhist and Jain literature. Under medieval Islamic rule, the term Kalamkari was derived from the words "kalam", which means "pen" in Telugu, and "kari", which means craftmanship. This became popular under the patronage of the Golconda sultanate. Motifs drawn in this ancient art of Kalamkari, include flowers, peacock, paisleys and also divine characters from Ramayana and Mahabharata. Kalamkari colours are made mostly from vegetable dyes. The popularity of this exquisite form of painting has earned international repute for the state of Andhra Pradesh. Kalamkari art was the household occupation of several rural women and craftsmen in the ancient times and continues to be passed down from one generation to the next. Artforms like Kalamkari have started gaining more and more popularity in recent times because of their no-chemical process of creating printed textiles.
- Size: 25 x 16 inches
- This painting is made to order (in 2 weeks)
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Kalamkari painting by artist Sudheer
- Painting on cloth using natural colours made by the artist
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image