Shiv Parvati Kalamkari Painting by Sudheer
This painting depicts the couple Shiv-Parvati. Both the god and goddess are deeply revered in India and Hindu culture. Lord Shiva also known as Mahadeva or the “The Great God” is one of the principal deities in Hinduism. He is known as the God of Death and Destruction and the Destroyer of Evil. He is a hermit by nature, meditating at Mount Kailash. His wife and consort is known as Parvati who is the re-incarnation of Lord Shiva’s first wife, Sati. She is the Hindu Goddess of power, nourishment, harmony, devotion, and motherhood. She is Devi in her complete form. As we can see, they are sitting on Lord Shiva’s vahana, Nandi.
About The Artist: Sudheer is the first generation Kalamkari Artist in his family. He has a degree in Bachelor of Fine Arts. He was awarded Andhra Pradesh State Award in 2007, Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Award in 2006, and Konaseema Chitrakala Parisad Award in 2009, for his excellent work in Kalamkari. He has also been a part of various art camps.
About the Art- Kalamkari is a type of hand-painted or block-printed cotton textile produced in the state of Andhra Pradesh in India. There are two distinctive styles of Kalamkari art in India – Srikalahasti style and the Machilipatnam style. The Srikalahasti style of Kalamkari, where the "kalam" or pen is used for freehand drawing of the subject and filling in the colours, is entirely hand-worked. This style flourished in temples centred on creating unique religious identities, appearing on scrolls, temple hangings, chariot banners as well as depictions of deities and scenes taken from the Hindu epics (e.g. Ramayana, Mahabharata and Purana). Pedana Kalamkari also known as Machilipatnam style of Kalamkari work which involves vegetable dyed block-painting of a fabric. It is produced at Pedana, a nearby town of Machilipatnam in Krishna district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.It was registered as one of the geographical indications from Andhra Pradesh und
- Size: 25 x 25 inch
- This painting is made to order (in 2 weeks)
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Kalamkari painting by artist Sudheer
- Painting on cloth using natural colours made by the artist
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- This painting will be made to order and will take 1 to 1.5 months.
- Please note that as all the artworks are made to order, while the artists will attempt to create the artwork as close to the original artwork as possible but as with all things handmade there maybe some differences in colour and rendition which truly renders each painting as one of a kind.
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- Certificate of Authentication will be provided
- Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat
• The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting. Price specified is for unframed painting and the painting would be sent without a frame unless specified otherwise in the description.
• All paintings are mostly made to order and take 2-3 weeks
• COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
• Certificate of Authentication will be provided
• Please write to us at email@example.com for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat