Story of Shri Krishna : CHERIYAL SCROLL PAINTING
Featuring Lord Krishna, the artwork captures different scenes from Lord Krishna's life.The stark red background and use of contrasting colors is a characteristic feature of Cheriyal Scrolls.
Cheriyal Scroll Painting is a popular and modified version of Nakashi art, considered highly rich in the local motifs. This art form is unique to the state of Telangana and made mostly in Hyderabad currently. This traditional art form is considered an inseparable part of the profession comprising the story-telling and balladeer community called Kaki Padagollu. They have displayed these scrolls which are also accompanied by music and dance.
The Dhanalakota family is the last practicing family for Cheriyal Scroll art, and the 27 year old artist Sai Kiran, shoulders the big responsibility of carrying forward this legacy. A 160 year old Cheriyal scroll painted by his great great grandfather is also exhibited in a museum in Paris to give you an idea of his family's legacy. With the demand for Cheriyal scrolls reducing, his parents told him to study and not pursue art, but Sai Kiran pursued a degree in fine arts to learn new art techniques to contemporarise the art and make it relevant in today's times.
- Size: 61x 77 cm
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Handpainted in Cheriyal Scroll style with natural colours on a canvas prepared by the artist
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- Artist : Sai Kiran
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks
- Certificate of Authentication will be provided
Please write to us at email@example.com for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat