The Aeroplane: PHAD PAINTING BY KRITIKA JOSHI
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
The painting beautifully depicts the modern society in a typical folk manner. The Inclusion of urban elements is in juxtaposition with the traditional phad style. Here we can see men and women in a rural setting, a haveli which can be seen in the background. They are excited and pointing towards a new element in the sky – the aeroplane, which is flying over their place of residence.
Kritika Joshi, belongs to the illustrious Joshi family, who started Phad Painting Art 700 years ago. She is the 30th generation in her family after her father Kalyan Joshi who has carried forward this art and has been practicing this art for 12 years already. Creating new ways to take Phad art to the world is her dream.
Phad Painting or Phad is a style religious scroll painting and folk painting, practiced in Rajasthan state of India. This style of painting is traditionally done on a long piece of cloth or canvas, known as phad. The narratives of the folk deities of Rajasthan, mostly of Pabuji and Devnarayan are depicted on the phads.
- Size: 22 inches by 30 inches
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame.
- Handpainted in Phad art by Artist Kritika Joshi
- Painted with Natural colours made by the artist.
- Handpainted on handmade paper.
- The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings