Tree of Life: PHAD PAINTING BY KRITIKA JOSHI
Even though the phad paintings were traditionally based on folk stories, the recent radical urbanisation has brought the other elements in the art. Tree of life is one of the most important motifs in any folk art. Here we can see a lush tree which is sheltering the cows. A herd of cows in the front are depicted in swift movement. Perhaps they are on their journey to the tree where the other cows are resting as well
Kritika Joshi, belongs to the illustrious Joshi family, who started Phad Painting Art 700 years ago. She is the 30th generation in her family after her father Kalyan Joshi who has carried forward this art and has been practicing this art for 12 years already. Creating new ways to take Phad art to the world is her dream.
Phad Painting or Phad is a style religious scroll painting and folk painting, practiced in Rajasthan state of India. This style of painting is traditionally done on a long piece of cloth or canvas, known as phad. The narratives of the folk deities of Rajasthan, mostly of Pabuji and Devnarayan are depicted on the phads.
- Size: 11.5 inches by 10 inches
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame.
- Handpainted in Phad art by Artist Kritika Joshi
- Painted with Natural colours made by the artist.
- Handpainted on handmade paper.
- The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- This painting will be made to order and will take 3-4 weeks