Tipara Shringar Shreenathji, Pichwai Painting
Lord Krishna is often depicted as Shrinathji in Pichwais, which is the deity manifest as a seven-year-old child. Originally, pichwai paintings were used to decorate the temple of Shrinathji (Shrinathji ki Haveli) in Nathdwara, hung behind the deity to celebrate different seasons, festivals and events in Lord Krishna's life.
The art of Pichwai originated over 400 years ago, illustrating tales of Shrinathji, an incarnation of Krishna, the deity manifest as a seven-year-old child. Prominent in th Nathadwara region of Rajasthan especially in the Vaishnavite sect, the paintings are hand-painted on cloth or paper and depict different scenes and stills.
Jayesh Sharma ji, has been a Pichwai artist for more than 38 years and his family has been practicing this art for 400 years too – more than 9 generations of their family have been Pichwai artists and have been associated with the temple at Nathdwara.
This painting is made to order and will take 2-3 weeks to be painted once the order has been placed.
- Artist: Jayesh Sharma
- Size: 24 X 36 inch
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Handpainted in Pichwai style
- The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
- Certificate of Authentication will be provided
- Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat.
• The image shown here is representative to help visualize the painting in a home setting. Price specified is for unframed painting and the painting would be sent without a frame unless specified otherwise in the description.
• All paintings are mostly made to order and take 2-3 weeks
• COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings
• Certificate of Authentication will be provided
• Please write to us at email@example.com for any customisation in size or ping us on the website chat