Vajrapani: Thangka painting by Krishna Tashi Palmo
- Shipping charges: Free in India, US$18 in Hong Kong, US$26 for rest of the world & USA (higher for bigger sized Totes and will be visible during checkout)
- Shipping will take upto 1 week for India and upto 2 weeks for rest of the world.
“Thangka art demands discipline and perseverance to master- I take pride in being one of the few women Thangka artists. I am proud of our Thangka heritage and culture and my everlasting hope is that with my work I can create an identity for myself and more importantly make people see beyond the boundaries of male vs female artists and just fall in love with our art for what it is, magical and beautiful” An ever-present smile that belies her physical challenges (polio in both legs), Krishna Tashi Palmo is one of Meraki’s most inspiring artists. She learnt at the Tibetan traditional art school from 2006 to 2012 in Himachal Pradesh’s Lahual Sipiti district. Her dream of being an artist since she was a child pushed her to learn Thangka art despite being told that women cannot practice Thangka art in her class of 350 students which had only 4 aspiring female artists. Such is her love for art that she also takes out time to teach children at the local NGO in her town.
This painting is made to order and will take 1 month to be made.
- Size: 12/18inches
- Price is for unframed painting and painting would be sent without a frame
- Thangka painting by artist Krishna Tashi Palmo
- Painting on cloth using natural colours made by the artist
- The image shown here is representative to help visualise the painting in a home setting and not an actual framed image
- This painting is made to order and will take 1 month to be made.
- COD cannot be accepted as a payment option for paintings